There are way more than 10 essential oils for children. Way more. But in order to keep things simple and offer a starting point for those wondering which oils may be best for their child here’s a “Top Ten” list of popular oils for children.
Top 10 Essential Oils for Children
- Lavender – nicknamed the Swiss Army Knife of oils… need we say more? Lavender (Lavandula angustifolia) has a sweet, floral aroma that is soothing and refreshing. Lavender’s aroma is great for relaxing and winding down before bedtime; add to bath or diffuse to create a calming and comforting environment. Because it is the most versatile of all essential oils, no home should be without it… and neither should your children.
- Peace & Calming – The name pretty much says it all.Peace & Calming® is a gentle, fragrant blend of Tangerine, Orange, Ylang Ylang, Patchouli, and Blue Tansy essential oils with an aroma that’s comforting and freshens the air. Diffuse to create a calming and peaceful atmosphere throughout the home. Peace & Calming is a must have for every household, especially those with young children.
- Gentle Baby – Supports “gentle babies” Gentle Baby™ is a soft, fragrant combination of essential oils designed specifically for mothers and babies. It helps calm emotions during pregnancy and is useful for quieting troubled little ones. It is also soothing to tender skin. Many of the essential oils in this blend are used in elite cosmetics to enhance a youthful appearance.
- ImmuPower – a great way to support your immune system topicallyImmuPower™ is a powerful blend of therapeutic-grade essential oils that create a fragrant and protective haven while increasing positive energy.
- Exodus II – Blend of holy anointing oils found in Exodus 34.Exodus II™ is a timeless blend of essential oils from the same type of plants that Moses used for temple incense. A base of olive oil, cassia (Cinnamomum cassia), myrrh (Commiphor myrrha), cinnamon (Cinnamomum verum), calamus (Acorus calamus), hyssop (Hyssopus officinalis), galbanum (Ferula gummosa), frankincense (Boswellia carteri), and spikenard (Nardostachys jatamansi).
- R.C. – respiratory supportR.C.™ Essential Oil Blend is a unique combination of Cypress, Spruce, and three types of Eucalyptus (E. globulus, E. radiata, and E. citriodora) oils, and includes the naturally occurring constituent limonene. Rub R.C. on your feet or chest before exercise to uplift and inspire, or massage three drops on your feet before bedtime to encourage an atmosphere of comfort. R.C. can also be used in place of Aroma Siez™ in Young Living’s Raindrop Technique®.
- Raven – respiratory supportRaven™ is a combination of deeply soothing therapeuticgrade essential oils that will provide comfort when applied topically to the chest and throat or diffused.
- Frankincense – When in doubt, pull Frank out!Frankincense (Boswellia carterii) includes the naturally occurring constituent boswellic acid, and has a woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma. Diffuse Frankincense during meditation for grounding and purpose. Applying this oil topically may help smooth the appearance of healthy-looking skin, and is excellent to use for massage after activity.
- Cedarwood – 98% sesquiterpenes (Google the properties of this constituent.)Cedarwood (Cedrus atlantica) essential oil’s woodsy, warm, balsamic aroma can be added to your favorite skin care products and applied topically. This essential oil includes sesquiterpenes and its powerful scent creates a relaxing, calming, and comforting atmosphere when diffused. Cedarwood is an important ingredient in Brain Power™, Grounding™, Highest Potential™ Essential Oil Blends, and Cel-Lite Magic™ massage oil.
- Vetiver– Think neurological support. Vetiver essential oil has an earthy and grounding aroma, and can be diffused for its calming and relaxing fragrance. Vetiver includes the naturally occurring constituents isovalencenol, khusimol and beta-vetivone, and is included in the ART® Creme Masque, Melaleuca-Geranium Moisturizing Soap, Inspiration™ and Lady Sclareol™ essential oil blends, and SleepEssence™.
So there you have it… the Top 10 Essential Oils for Children! Each of the oils above can be used topically or aromatically… two great ways to use essential oils with children. My favorite way to use essential oils with our girls is topically. They love having their oils rubbed on them each night and rest assured applying them to their skin because I know Young Living’s commitment to purity. Their Seed to Seal Promise is what sets them apart from other companies and why I trust using their products on my kids.
For more Color Transformed Family follow me on:
Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Hometalk,
Post Footer automatically generated by Add Post Footer Plugin for wordpress.